Table of Contents
Winter will soon be upon us and there is no better time to prepare for winter than now. As we already know, different seasons come with their own weather conditions which can be quite conducive or harsh depending on how prepared you are. Winter just like every other weather or climate condition is inevitable, and there are a good number of ways by which you can prepare yourself and your family to withstand any adverse effect this condition might come with. This article will be discussing the Best Space Heaters available on different online platforms.
It is very common for people to come down with cold and disease conditions during winter. Very cold weather is a key event in winter and it is not something that so many people are compatible with. There are a good number of ways people prepare for winter which include: the purchase of very thick coats, some moving into a more secured apartment, and some installing central heating systems.
The fact is: winter is worse when you have little kids, adults can easily find a way to navigate through most weather conditions but this is not the same with the kids. These tiny humans are not yet developed enough to withstand the harshness of extreme temperatures. Because they are not yet accustomed to different weather conditions, they are more likely to suffer the side effects that come with it.
This article will be looking at one of the ways by which you can prepare for winter which is by the use of portable space heaters. The word heater is quite common and understandable, and you have probably used one or more heaters before now on. There are different kinds, brands, and types of heaters but generally, there are two main categories of heater that includes: Space heaters and central heating systems. The difference between the two is that the central heating systems are meant to heat connected rooms. Central heating systems are designed to be used by large companies and corporations, while portable heating systems are designed for personal use or for use by small families.
The type of Heater on the Review in this article is the space heater. This article will be helping us understand what a portable space heater is all about, the types of space heaters, and also some examples of products that we found important and good for a review. There are actually so many brands of portable space heaters but from our assessment, the heaters to be talked about in this piece come out top amongst others. We hope you are better informed after reading this piece.
What is a Space Heater?
Space heaters are electronic devices that are designed to provide warmth during cold weather conditions. There are different types and brands of space heaters and each was made using different technologies. The term ‘space’ attached to most portable heaters indicates that they are designed to heat up an enclosed space. This is unlike central heating systems used in industries and large firms which can heat up connected rooms. In simple terms, space heaters are designed to provide warmth to you and a limited number of people during winter.
A good number of advantages are associated with the use of space heaters as against central heating systems. One of those advantages is that space heaters are much more portable and require no installation, unlike central heating systems. If you are planning to just stay in a particular place for a very short period of time, it would be wasteful for you to go to the extent of installing central heating systems. Space heaters afford you the privilege of buying just a portable heater that you can use, then transfer to your new place without hassle.
The installation of central heating systems can be quite expensive, this is unlike portable space heaters that can easily be installed in your home without going overboard. The professional fees you pay to have a central heating system installed in your house are also something you should consider, using a space heater does not require any professional services as you can do it on your own. If you are living alone, installing a central heater would be wasteful as a space heater could easily keep you warm.
Portable space heaters are designed to save you space, money, and time. You can easily heat up your bedroom, office room, sitting room, and even your TV lounge with the use of portable space heaters. Like I said earlier, there are different types of space heaters. In the section below, I would be outlining the different types of space heaters
Types of Space Heaters
Basically, there are about three different types of space heaters. Each type uses a different method for its function.
- Ceramic Space heater
- Infrared space heater
- Propane space heaters
Ceramic space heaters are basically space heaters in which the heating element is made of ceramic. Judging from the name, one might think that this particular type of space heater is made entirely of ceramic. This is not true as most of these ceramic space heaters are made with plastic and other light materials. The name is derived from the heating element. Ceramic space heaters work by gradually heating the surrounding air and letting it circulate until it permeates the entire room.
Infrared space heaters work by emitting beams of light which have the capability of heating up any object or space in front of it. Infrared heaters are designed to start working the instant they are turned on, but they also stop radiating heat the instant they are turned off. This is because the air in the room is not actually warmed, the room will lose heat very quickly.
Propane heaters are gas-powered, portable outdoor heating units. Just like other space heaters, they are designed to provide heating to places where your home’s central heating system doesn’t reach. Propane heaters will heat a space much faster and more efficiently with lower energy costs as it doesn’t use electricity.
Picking the right Portable Heater for you
The aforementioned types of space heaters all have their advantages and disadvantages; the decision depends on your personal choice based on:
- Your budget; includes the buying cost, maintenance expenses, and replacement cost.
- Heating requirements
- Room dimensions
When it comes to cost, most space heaters are not really expensive and cost almost the same. The difference is mainly in the maintenance cost. Ceramic heaters require less electrical energy to heat up your space while infrared heat requires a larger amount of energy to convert to heat energy.
Ceramic heaters are very extremely portable so can be moved from place to place without hassle. The compact design of ceramic heaters makes them a top pick because infrared or propane heaters do not give one that luxury. The other types of heaters are meant to be mounted on walls or ceilings.
Infrared heaters are not recommended for families with kids and pets. This is because the heat coming from infrared heaters is unbearably hot. Ceramic space heaters are compared better when it comes to your safety as they are made with materials and components that prevent overheating and possible harm to your household.
Features of Good Portable Space Heater
- Energy Saving: A good portable space heater should help you conserve energy. This is the major difference between a space heater and a central heating system so any space heater you are going for should have the ability to help you conserve energy.
- Portable: A good space heater should be portable and can be transported from one location to the other. Unlike central heating systems that require installation, space heaters can easily be moved from place to place even though some types of space heaters are better when it comes to portability. This piece already looked into the differences between the different types of space heaters so you should be able to make the right choice for yourself.
- Safe: do you go to space heater should not cause you harm. There are some space heaters that when used carelessly can even cause burns. This type of space heater is not recommended especially for families with kids. A good space heater should be convenient for use by you and every member of your family.
- Wide Range of Use: A good space heater can be used in a wide range of situations. No one wants to buy a space heater that has so many limitations. Any space heater you are going for should be able to serve you in different circumstances and locations.
- Durable: A good space heater should be long-lasting. Some gadgets disappoint their users after making a purchase and that shouldn’t be the case with a good space heater. If you must spend your money on purchasing a heating system, the heating system should be made to last. Money is very hard to come by, so no one should throw away money on a gadget that wouldn’t last long.
- Easy to use: A good space heater should be easy to use by all and sundry.
- Healthy: Your health is important and should be considered before buying any product at all. A good space heater should not be harmful to your health.
- Affordable: A good space heater should be affordable. Humans are faced with a mirage of needs so it’s not advisable to buy overpriced heaters that sometimes do not work.
Our top picks
The following ceramic heaters are our top picks as they compare better to the other available heaters in the market
#1 Alpha Heater
The Alpha heater is an electric-powered, portable heater that can heat up a room of a maximum of 350 square feet while consuming as little energy as possible. It is made of ceramic and works by converting electric energy to heat energy, while not heating up too much because of the insulating effect of the PVC. The Alpha heater can be purchased at the following prices:
- One Alpha Heater costs $49.95
- Two Alpha Heaters cost $94.91
- Three Alpha Heaters cost $134.87
- Four Alpha Heaters cost $169.83
- Five Alpha Heaters cost $199.80
Technicalities of the Alpha Heater
- Amount per unit: One per unit
- Dimension: 15cm x 5cm x 7cm
- Weight: 3kg
- Material: PVC
- Colors: White and black
- Parts: Body, grid, control panel, power outlet
- Now, this Alpha Heater Review will go further in
- explaining the features of the Alpha Heater
Features of the Alpha Heater
- Control panel
- Energy Source
- Energy Generated
- Fast Heating
- In-built timer
- Automatic Control
- Quiet Operation
- Energy Saving
#2 Ultra Heater
The Ultra Heater is a fast and efficient space heater with an intrinsic smart ability to control temperature. Its manufacturers applied into its development, the most modern energy-saving technology to bring this fantastic product to life.
Its smart temperature control system auto-regulates the heater to automatically turn off once it detects that your room is warm enough to keep you warm, this is to prevent overheating and discomfort.
The Ultra heater can be used safely in a house with kids in it. This is so because it has an advanced overheat and child protection mechanism that works to automatically turn it off when the temperature is warm enough. It also turns it on when it becomes cold and the temperature begins to drop. It is fitted with a 400W Turbo Power with the newest flame-retardant body. The Ultra heater is quite affordable and can be purchased at the following discounted prices:
- 1X Ultra Heater sells for $50 (instead of $100)
- 2X Ultra Heater sells for $99 (instead of $198)
- 3X Ultra Heater sells for $139(instead of $278)
- 4X Ultra Heater sells for $169 (instead of $338)
Features of the Ultra Heater
- Intelligent Temperature Control
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Rapid Heating
- Latest Energy Saving Technology-
- Portable & Space Saving-
- Ultra Quiet
- Safety Protection
#3 Hulk Heater
The Hulk Heater is a powerful, efficient, and portable heater that enables you to avoid extreme cold sensations in your homes and in any room of your choice.
Asides from keeping you warm, it offers you an ideal way to stay warm and comfortable. This heater is compact, cord-free and space and cost-effective; small in size but powerful on heat. It has the ability to rotate 270 degrees, thereby allowing access to various socket forms, not just on one particular socket type. It is ETL safety tested to ensure your protection. It also has an auto-shutoff feature that automatically turns it off when it gets to the desired temperature, just in case you forget.
The Hulk heater is quite affordable and can be purchased at the following prices:
- 1 Hulk Heater unit: $49.99 each
- 2 Hulk Heater units: $47.45 each
- 3 Hulk Heater units: $44.96 each
- 4 Hulk Heater units: $42.46 each
The specs of the Hulk Heater include:
- Quick heat-up time of fewer than 10 seconds
- 270 degrees rotating plug
- Can plug to wall sockets
- Quiet operation
- Auto timer and shut-off feature
- Modern ceramic technology
- Digital thermostat (LED)
- Efficient and powerful 800 watts
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
The Heat core is one of the best space heaters and is from the manufacturers of the revolutionary Blaux portable AC. The Heatcore is an energy-saving ceramics space heater, which also has an inbuilt antimicrobial filter to help prevent the spread of infection. It is also eco-friendly. This heating system leverages safe and effective convection ceramic heating technology to ensure you are warmed up to just about the right temperature, one sufficient for your needs.
Asides from this, the Heatcore heater has a compact design, it is portable, hence can be carried around to wherever you are going and does the job required of it, even more so better than some heaters around. The price list for Heatcore is as follows:
- 1 Heatcore is sold at 89.99$
- 2 Heatcore is sold at 179.98$
- 3 Heatcore is sold at 202.48$
HeatCore Heater technical facts
- Modern and Streamlined Layout
- High Excellent ZPT filter
- Practical timer Operate
- Standby Style at Maximum Point: 1200 Watt and at Reduced level: 700 Watt
- Modern convection ceramic heating Technologies
Where can you buy these Portable Space Heaters?
These portable space heaters are currently on sale online at the manufacturer’s official website. You can click on the link below each product to get more info about the product. Purchasing them is also very easy as you can place your order from the comfort of your home. Making payment for these space heaters is also quite easy as you do not need to visit any bank to make payment: You can make payments via PayPal, MasterCard, Visa Card, Amex, etc.
Your purchase information and billing details are confidential so you don’t need to be scared to input your credit/debit card details. The manufacturers of these products ensure that all your information and data are kept safe. Buying directly from the manufacturers comes with fantastic offers and discounts which vary depending on the one you’re going for and also the number of units you intend to purchase.
These products are also very affordable. The price range of different packages is not over the roof. The manufacturers made these space heaters relatively cheap for everyone.
The duration takes your order to get to your location depends on your country of residence. Persons residing in some countries get their orders delivered to them faster than others. For most countries, the manufacturers will get your purchase delivered to your preferred location within a short time.
Conclusion on Best Space Heaters
In Conclusion, Space heaters are electronic devices that are designed to provide warmth during cold weather conditions. There are different types and brands of space heaters and each was made using different technologies. Basically, there are about three different types of space heaters and each type uses a different method for its function: Ceramic Space heater, Infrared space heater, and Propane space heaters
Ceramic space heaters are basically space heaters in which the heating element is made of ceramic. Infrared space heaters work by emitting beams of light which have the capability of heating up any object or space in front of it. Infrared heaters are designed to start working the instant they are turned on, but they also stop radiating heat the instant they are turned off while Propane heaters are gas-powered portable outdoor heating units.
From our evaluation, ceramic heaters compare better and have better safety systems when compared with other types of heaters. Our best picks include the Alpha heater, the Ultra Heater, the Hulk heater, and the heater core. These four space heaters met all the criteria used for our assessment. They can also be purchased online by visiting the manufacturers’ websites. Thank you.