Digital thermometers are instruments that respond to temperature. They are very portable, fitted with permanent probes, and have a well-articulated digital display. The sensors dictate how a particular digital thermometer works. Sensor types include resistance temperature detectors (RTD), thermocouples,s, and thermistors. Each of these has advantages and disadvantages.
The common liquid mercury thermometer was made very popular firstly through the developments of the 17th- and 18th-century in the clinical sciences space. It continues to be the mainstay, though technological modifications have tweaked it a bit. The advantage of the mercury thermometer is that it actually works and gives a fairly accurate reading.
The use of the common liquid mercury thermometer still remains largely unchanged as the most common temperature detection device right up until the invention of commercially interesting thermistors in the 1930s. By that point, the basic components of thermography had already been understood on a large scale for many hundreds of years — in fact, thousands, if we incorporate the pre-historic observations of Ancient Greek scholars with their miniature water tubes and air.
Applications of Digital Thermometer
Table of Contents
Frequent applications for digital thermometers include:
- Medicine — Digital thermometers are often used in clinical settings on patients. The use of digital thermometers has impacted positively in our health sector as it makes results readily available to help hasten diagnosis and treatment.
- Sanitary applications — Sanitary thermometers are used specifically for sanitary purposes such as food or pharmaceutical applications.
- Use at home — digital thermometers are used for home health care, cooking, and monitoring temperature on home appliances example, the refrigerator or pressure cooker.
- Laboratory — includes monitoring experiments and chemical reactions as well as maintaining an optimal laboratory environment.
- Food Service — uses thermometers in identifying the extent of heat exerted in cooking and proper care of ingredients.
- Meteorological thermometers — give air, atmosphere, and water temperature readings.
Uses of Digital Thermometer
Digital thermometers offer a vast array of uses in everyday applications, both professional and home. They are super accurate and are way faster in temperature reading in all situations than the traditional thermometer. They are also very well poised in a good number of events in which normal thermometers would be deemed out of place.
There will always be a digital thermometer that can perform the task without any hindrance in every form of difficulty or challenge that the Mercury thermometer would face. These kinds of situations include: Circumstances in which the precision of a conventional thermometer is deemed compromised or, worse still, insufficient.
In situations in which drastic, immediate responsive temperature readings need to be taken frequently across different surfaces, the digital thermometer comes in handy without the thought of having to wait for contact thermometers.
Best Digital Thermometers 2022
If any member of your family is ill, hence the need to frequently check his/her body temperature in any setting — either at the workplace, school, or home, a Blaux thermometer is one of the best you can go for. Blaux thermometer is a modern thermometer with distinct and upgraded features that are closely apposed with technological advancements in the world.
It operates telepathically, in that the body temperature can be checked without coming in contact with the person to be checked. Another delightful feature is its information storage abilities. It can store earlier examined temperature readings up to 64 times.
Temperature examination is one of the easily accessible ways of keeping track of health in society, with the prevalence of a lot of diseases. This is where the Blaux thermometer comes in. This device will help limit the spread of diseases by detecting inflicted persons in the early stages of the disease. Various Disease Control institutes have advised people to monitor their temperatures daily.
The thermometer is thankfully handy in usage and can be used by everyone, irrespective of age or educational status. The Blaux thermometer is reputed to be highly rapid in information processing and safe as well. It also offers always very reliable and accurate information. Using Blaux, temperature information can be recorded in one second. Blaux thermometers were manufactured for use virtually anywhere — from hospitals to offices, then homes, events, airports, train stations, in sports arenas with the paramedics, and a lot more.
The makers boldly affirmed that the premium quality materials were used in manufacturing this device because of the dire need for pinpoint accuracy and longevity. This device is fitted with a screen that shows the readings with different color codes that change depending on the temperature of the person. Below are the interpretations of the colors: Green implies safe; Yellow implies a mild fever; Red implies a high fever.
This thermometer is certified as trustworthy and is currently one of the best found in the market. Blaux thermometers can be bought from the company’s website directly. It is pocket friendly and easy to purchase plus, the makers offer a offers discounts at designated times for every product bought.
Below are the prices:
- 1 Blaux thermometer is priced at 69.99 euros
- 2 Blaux thermometers are priced at 139.99 euros
- 3 Blaux thermometers are priced at 156.99 euros
- 4 Blaux thermometers are priced at 191.99 euros
The manufacturers do not bear shipping costs, and the costs vary with the number of products bought. The makers offer a 30-day guarantee on all products from dissatisfied customers.
Features of Blaux thermometer
- Artful design and portability
- The scan button is used for starting the temperature reading process
- Screen for displaying temperature information.
- Battery pouch for double batteries.
Fever Patrol Thermometer
As the name implies, Fever Patrol is a strict tool that can be used to measure temperature and monitor the health of the family, friends, and dear ones.
Fever Patrol is very safe to use and does not require any form of experience before usage. Unlike the everyday thermometers that must get in close contact with the body being measured before readings are taken, Fever patrol needs none of that. It works the way Bluetooth works. Seamless and easy. And with the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of this thermometer has become even more important.
It is very obvious that the conventional contact thermometers are not safe because they have to come in contact with the person in question. This exposes the instrument to body fluids — perspiration, mucus, saliva, e.t.c, thus making it very easy for transmission of germs from one person to the other.
Fever Patrol steps in to save us from these potential dangers and the unhealthy risks we take. With Fever patrol, every issue has been laid to rest. Asides from being contactless, Fever Patrol also gives a more accurate measurement of temperature.
The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically changed the mode of living. When the pandemic is eventually over, and people gradually return to their normal lives, no one would want to use the contact thermometers anymore, which was normal before the pandemic ensued.
Parents will feel more comfortable detecting the temperature of their children with this device. With this contactless thermometer, the temp. Can be checked before taking the child to the hospital. This will go a long way in forecasting and tackling illnesses like fever and hyperpyrexia.
A person is said to be Hyperpyrexic if body temperature increases to 106°F (41.1°C) because of a febrile process. Normally, body temperature is 98.6°F (37°C), with very minute alterations occurring during the daytime. A significant rise in body temperature is an indication of prompt medical care.
If the temperature is around 100.4°F (38°C) and above, it indicates a high fever, and immediate medical attention should be sought. In a hospital setting, contactless thermometers like Fever Patrol are indicated in measuring the temperatures of adults, adolescents, and children alike to uncover telltale signs of an infection or sickness.
Fever Patrol thermometer ensures temperature readings are taken easily and effectively. This very beautiful thermometer is capable of taking temperature readings at lengthy distances, making it a vital health intervention tool for any plans to control infections.
The fever Patrol no-touch infrared thermometer takes no time to take precise readings. This is unlike the old thermometers that work after reading for about 3 minutes. The moment the Fever Patrol thermometer button is pushed, it reads with precision and records in one second.
Fever Patrol is already helping immensely in the health sphere because it has offered a preferred alternative to the old, painstaking way of checking body temperature. The Fever Patrol thermometers can be bought with up to a 50% discount on the price.
Benefits of Fever Patrol No-Touch Infrared Thermometer
We will be analyzing some of the amazing benefits the use of the Fever Patrol thermometer gives you. It is indeed like no other.
- Accurate Readings: This has already been stated repeatedly. Accuracy is the focal point of the existence of this thermometer, and to think it does this meters away!!. All that should be done is simply place the thermometer in close proximity to the affected person’s body. This is not to discredit the authenticity of the contact thermometers. We are saying that whenever technology offers us an easier way of doing things, we grab it with open arms. This thermometer is made specifically to be able to measure both inwards or outwards — to detect fevers and test other objects as well.
- Compact and Lightweight For Travel: The fever Patrol thermometer has an unassuming, small, and very concealed portable design that makes it a top choice for all kinds of usage — industrial, commercial, and personal. They include but are not limited to: scrutiny for food preparations, health sector settings, mothers at home, offices, restaurants, and the workplace. Fever Patrol thermometers are certified reliable and durable. They are instruments that can be depended upon.
- Digital Interface With Fever Alert: The fever Patrol thermometer review comes with a large backlit LCD screen that makes the measurement easy to read. The no-touch infrared thermometer is a comfort-grip device that makes the simple 1-button control device to be effortless to operate. There are no complex settings or programming on Fever Patrol, which makes it even better. The contactless thermometer is made with a fitted alarm system that duly informs the individual to measure whenever a temperature rise is detected. Fever Patrol is a must-have for pregnant women and infants and important home first aid equipment.
- No Touch Feature: With contactless infrared technology, parents and doctors alike would not need to worry about checking the temperature of Babies. Because they move a lot, checking the temperature the conventional way might seem daunting. Possessing the Fever Patrol thermometer will take the load off the parents, health, and medical professionals with the worries of taking a baby’s temperature. The contactless thermometer utilizes infrared waves to detect body heat, and it provides results in a split second. Fever Patrol’s no-touch infrared thermometer, amongst other things, will aid in checking an infant’s temperature without the fear of disturbance if asleep. Fever Patrol thermometer is a very good health tool because of its strict emphasis on hygiene. By focusing the thermometer on the forehead of a human or object surface, the Fever Patrol thermometer will measure, read and record body temperature between 89.6°F and 109.4°F [32°C-43°C] without physical contact.
- One-Hand Operation: Just one hand is needed to operate the device. Two hands are not needed. This thermometer can be easily used to measure the temperature by squeezing the handle with one hand. The fever Patrol thermometer is very light in weight and is user-friendly. This makes it easy for virtually everyone to operate the thermometer.
- Records and Stores Last 64 Readings: The fever Patrol thermometer has a very reliable memory that seamlessly keeps records of about 64 previous temperature readings, unlike other contactless thermometers that keep about ten readings. This makes it much easier for recent results tracking. Fever Patrol’s thermometer maintains precise clinical accuracy while also helping identify people with contaminable sicknesses. This helps in curtailing the spread of diseases to the barest minimum.
- Incredibly Fast Infrared Technology: Fever Patrol is a high-grade contactless infrared thermometer that gives quick results in one second. This makes the Fever Patrol thermometer vital in decoding fever and Illness when crowds are at doctor’s clinics and hospitals. Fever Patrol thermometers are very useful in places like airports, business offices, hotels, public events, schools, stores, theaters, and many other places.
LiveTemp Pro Thermometer
LiveTemp thermometer is a no-contact infrared thermometer made specifically for home use. This sleek instrument uses its infrared design to instantly detect body temperature giving it a reading in just one second and does not flinch from frequent use.
As a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of people are increasingly deviating from the use of no-contact thermometers to reduce the spread of the disease. These thermometers read the body temperature in a split second without needing you to push the thermometer under your arm. These thermometers are still the same used in industries and store coolers to check the temperature.
As of April 2020, LiveTemp was heavily marketed online. I remember an advert talking about the thermometer as thus: a “revolutionary no-touch infrared thermometer controlling the pandemic.” The manufacturers clearly are taking advantage of the current pandemic to market this product aggressively. The company also proclaims zero risk of infection associated with the device.
LiveTemp can be bought for around $84 to $140 for one unit, depending on how the amount to be bought. The price list is as follows:
- 1 LiveTemp Pro Thermometer: $140
- 2 LiveTemp Pro Thermometers: $224
- 3 LiveTemp Pro Thermometers: $278
- 4 LiveTemp Pro Thermometers: $351
- 5 LiveTemp ProThermometers: $419
LiveTemp Pro Features.
LiveTemp showcases all of the following features and benefits:
- Contamination free infrared body thermometer
- Instantly read your body temperature (1.0 seconds)
- Fast scan times
- Works at home and anywhere else
- “No risk of infection”
- Portable and lightweight
- Test the temperature of virtually anything (including bathwater and the child’s forehead)
LiveTemp Pro Specifications
The manufacturers have not revealed any technical specifics for its thermometer on their official website. This thermometer, however, is more like a stereotype of others sold online. The Live Temp product lists the name “Bo Hui,” the original Chinese thermometer manufacturer (officially named Guizhou Tekang Electronics Co. Ltd.).
According to the original product manufacturers, here are the tech specs of LiveTemp Pro.
- Backlight Colors: Red (<32°C), Green (32-37.3°C), Yellow (37.1-F1), or Red (>F1)
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Body Temperature Measurement: 32.0-43°C / 90-109.4°F
- Ambient Temperature Measurement: 0-60°C / 32-140°F
- Accuracy: (+/-)0.2°C or (+/-)0.3°C
- Item Size: 95 x 42.5 x 156mm / 3.74 x 1.67 x 6.14in (L x W x H)
- Item Weight: 110g / 3.9oz
- Auto Shutdown Time: 7 seconds
- Measurement Distance: 1 to 15cm (0.4 to 6 inches)
The original Chinese manufacturer claims the device has a maximum error range of 0.6 degrees Celsius, although the range varies based on factors like humidity, range, and object.
Conclusion on Digital Thermometers
With digital thermometers, to be specific, it is imperative to take note that the correct product has to be chosen for the job requirements to be met. The thing is that some of the brands are to be used as multiple-use probes; thus, certain joinings of digital thermometers are very well targeted in taking the measurement of temperatures of food, for example, while other types may be produced singularly for taking body temperature readings in a clinical setting.